Twin Anchors Houseboats was a pioneer in the houseboat industry, becoming the first commercial houseboat operator in Western Canada in 1964. Twin Anchors operate a marina in Old Town Bay with a combined fleet of more than 100 houseboats. Every houseboat in our fleet is designed and manufactured from the hull up at our Sicamous manufacturing plant to ensure quality construction and meticulous attention to detail.
Custom-built CruiseCrafts are highly sought after and we’ve earned the distinction of being the manufacturer of choice for 18 houseboat rental marinas throughout North America.
Learn more about our manufacturing facilities!
YOUR ADVENTURE AWAITS!
A houseboat vacation with Twin Anchors is like no other. Shuswap Lake – Canada’s houseboating paradise – is wild and rugged. Home to pristine, sandy beaches, towering waterfalls, and warm, clear water. The wildlife abounds in the area’s easily accessible 30 marine parks. And while the scenery may be rugged, your accommodation aboard a Twin Anchors’ houseboat certainly isn’t. Twin Anchors is known for exceptional service, attention to detail and luxurious houseboats.
NO PREVIOUS SKIPPER EXPERIENCE REQUIRED!
On arrival we take you through a brief but comprehensive orientation and prepare you to ply the alluring waters of the Shuswap Lakes like a pro! All you need to bring are groceries, beverages, clothing and bedding. All Twin Anchors houseboats are equipped with cooking and eating utensils, cleaning equipment, marine toilet tissue and biodegradable soap – plus a few essential creature comforts like hot tubs and fireplaces.
TWIN ANCHORS HOUSEBOAT FEATURES
- Hot tub and fireplace *
- Upper command bridge
- Propane fridge, range, hot water tank and furnace
- Shower, sink and toilet
- Swim ladder and sundeck
- Kitchen utensils and BBQ tools
- First aid kit and life jackets
- Propane BBQ
- VHF radio
- Fuel-efficient Mercury stern drive
- Rear stateroom(s) *
- Rear deck shower
- 100 gallons of fresh water
- Remote fuel station (the only houseboats on the lake with this feature!) *
* All houseboats except The Cruiser
OLD TOWN BAY MARINA
- Direct access to Shuswap Lake! No train bridges!
- Parking for all types of vehicles
- Boat launch
- Complimentary porter service
- Gift and souvenir shop
- Ice and firewood
- Friendly, courteous crew
Learn more about Old Town Bay Marina!
DRIVING DIRECTIONS TO THE MARINA
ARRIVING FROM THE WEST
VANCOUVER TO SICAMOUS – estimated driving time 5 HOURS, 10 MINUTES
- Go East on TRANS CANADA HWY. 1 to COQUIHALLA HWY. 5; 137 km / 85 miles
- Go Northeast on COQUIHALLA HWY. 5 towards Kamloops, BC to TRANS CANADA HWY. 1; 164 km / 102 miles
- Go East on TRANS CANADA HWY. 1 to Sicamous; 128 km / 80 miles
HOUSEBOAT GUEST /MARINA PARKING:
Turn LEFT off the TRANS CANADA HWY. 1 onto SICAMOUS-SOLSQUA RD. Follow to across railway tracks. Turn LEFT onto OLD TOWN RD. and follow 50 metres to the Twin Anchors Guest Parking Lot.
ARRIVING FROM THE EAST
CALGARY TO SICAMOUS – estimated driving time 5 HOURS, 20 MINUTES
- Go West on TRANS CANADA HWY. 1 to SICAMOUS; 464 km / 288 miles
HOUSEBOAT GUEST /MARINA PARKING:
Turn RIGHT off the TRANS CANADA HWY. 1 onto SICAMOUS-SOLSQUA RD. Follow to across railway tracks. Turn LEFT onto OLD TOWN RD. and follow 50 metres to the Twin Anchors Guest Parking Lot.
OLD TOWN BAY MARINA: Follow OLD TOWN RD. to the end.